THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
The College of Health Sciences (CHS) aims to advance heath care in Vietnam and the world through leading education, innovative research and technology. Our mission is:
Committed to developing world-class research and providing outstanding health care education
To pioneer the country’s health sciences education and reform
To attract and develop healthcare leaders to advance health sciences locally and globally.
Our strategic partner within Vingroup is Vinmec Healthcare System – the leading private, not-for-profit health care provider in Vietnam, which currently encompasses 7 hospitals and 4 outpatient clinics throughout Vietnam (with more than 1,600 beds), together with its medical research institutes and centers. Vinmec is the only healthcare provider in Vietnam offering 2 hospitals with Joint-Commission International (JCI) accreditation (in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city). The Vinmec Times City in Hanoi is our primary teaching hospital for College of Health Sciences. It received the first JCI accreditation in 2015, the re-accreditation in 2018 and is currently the only teaching hospital in Vietnam with JCI recognition.
With a vision to advance health care through research, the College of Health Sciences will also offer research opportunities in all our programs and provide a supportive research environment for our faculty and students. Taking advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of technology and service-oriented companies such as Vinpearl, VinHomes, VinFast, VinSmart, etc., the College will cooperate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough technology & healthcare products and solutions.
Currently, the College offers undergraduate degree programs in Nursing and Medicine while there are three residency programs offered i.e., in Internal Medicine, Surgery and Pediatrics. All of the health sciences programs are competency-based, developed with University of Pennsylvania’s technical support. With UPenn’s certified and validated curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become healthcare leaders, innovators and scientists with entrepreneurial mindset and as prospective agents of change in the future.
- Plan engaging lessons and activities based on the course syllabi which are adapted and localized for participants’ individual needs.
- Prepare, select and use appropriate learning resources, including adapting existing materials or creating own materials.
- Monitor progress in the online platform and live classes, attendance, and behavior, ensuring that reports and records are up to date and accurate.
- Teach one live online class (1 hour) per week for each course, employing a variety of teaching and learning methods & activities to ensure that learners are actively engaged in the program.
- Conduct one 4-hour workshop every two weeks in Team-Based Learning format (training and support will be provided) for each course. The workshops consolidate the language and skills covered in the module and focus on productive communicative activities.
- Develop post-lesson assignments / tasks and provide clear and effective feedback on them through various feedback mechanisms such as written, digital, and student conferencing.
- Invigilate, grade, and moderate quizzes, tests, and exams, ensuring that test security is always adhered to and ratings are consistently to standard.
- Identify participants with special requirements or at-risk participants and create, implement, and monitor individualized learning plans.
- Provide cover teaching when needed.
- Deal with participant issues/emergencies as and when they arise.
- Service and administration:
- Attend and participate in team meetings and co-design / co-planning sessions.
- Contribute to course development and suggest improvements.
- Support the Program Director with reporting, including individualized comments for participants.
- Attend and contribute to professional development initiatives, training courses, and as identified and agreed for appropriate development.
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities including training, symposia, and benchmarking sessions.
- There may be other responsibilities not specifically stated in this job description which are occasionally required without altering the scope or level of responsibility. These will be agreed upon through discussions with the Program Director.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Master’s degree or Diploma (i.e. DELTA) in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related field. A recognized TEFL certificate (such as CELTA) which includes observed teaching practice is an asset.
- At least three years’ demonstrable experience teaching English for Specific Purposes, ideally with experience teaching medical English.
- Demonstrated ability to create innovative and engaging lessons and activities which incorporate a variety of student-centered teaching methods.
- Experience conducting blended learning, flipped classroom, and online synchronous teaching via platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meets, or Skype is advantageous.
- Digital literacies including experience with learning management systems (LMS) such as Canvas, Blackboard, D2L, or others, and creating online learning resources, and collaborative cloud-based platforms such as Microsoft Office 365 or Google Suite.
- Meet deadlines and employ strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to plan workload and balance competing demands while remaining flexible and committed to the continual improvement of the program.
- Motivation to build and shape a new and growing program in a small team.
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via http://apply.interfolio.com/101461 and submit (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume and (3) two recommendation letters.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.