The University of North Texas (UNT) in Denton has an enrollment of over 40,000 students with 206 buildings and 15 residence halls on 900 acres. Risk Management Services’ programs provide proactive support for the strategic, operational, and financial foundation of the University of North Texas. We help identify, analyze, and mitigate risks to prevent loss and provide a safe and healthy campus environment so that the UNT community can freely pursue opportunities for growth and advancement. To achieve our goals, we work together with the UNT community to help them proactively manage risks, implement preventative measures, plan for their challenges, and work through any issues that occur.
This position is responsible for combining professional judgment and technical expertise to identify, analyze and control hazards to ensure the health safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors on the UNT campus. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, indoor air quality monitoring and compliance issues, work noise evaluations, respirator fit testing, mold consulting, ergonomic evaluations, safety programs for industrial and manufacturing environments.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and four years of experience in industrial hygiene safety inspections and emergency response; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills; supervisory skills.
- Ability to substantiate results from reports using spreadsheets and analysis.
- Ability to provide emergency response within 30 minutes when scheduled.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to area of assignment.
- Extensive working knowledge of building construction and layout and ability to read blueprints, schematic drawings, etc. and determine sites for inspection.
Master’s Degree in a related field and 7 years of associated experience.
Possession of professional certification/credentials such as Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), and/or Associate Safety Professional (ASP).